Dance School & Dance Teacher Liability

We provide tailored public liability insurance for dance teachers and dance studios including cover for dance floors, visual and sound equipment and dance mats.

Dance School & Dance Teacher Liability

We provide tailored public liability insurance for dance teachers and dance studios including cover for dance floors, visual and sound equipment and dance mats.

Compare Dance School and Studio Insurance Quotes

Whilst many standard business insurers choose to steer clear of dance classes or studio risks, our specialist dance instructor and studio policies provide tailored cover from a panel of hand selected insurer partners who appreciate the professionalism of the dance industry. 

Your dedicated insurance advisor will talk you through the specific cover options, helping you to identify a policy that is right for your business and easy on your pocket!

What Is Dance School Insurance?

Operating a dance studio or school represents some unique risks; Dance School Insurance provides a simple package containing all the different cover options required to protect the business, from public and employers liability to equipment and sound systems.

What Type of Insurance Do I Need For A Dance School or Studio?

Whether you operate from a single studio location or across different locations, the starting point for any dance school policy should be public liability insurance, which provides indemnity against injury to third parties or damage to their property. If you employ dance instructors or other staff you will also need to purchase employers liability insurance to meet your legal responsibilities. 

Other key risks for dance studios can include cover for the dance floor itself, audio visual and sound equipment and other contents such as dance mats, as well as money cover and loss of profits following a claim (business interruption).

Need specialist Dance School Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our Dance School insurance experts, at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on

01200 309516


  • Specialist cover for all types of dance schools, studios and instructors

  • Single location studios to mobile or multi-location schools

  • All types of classes covered from ballet, tap, jazz, modern or street dance

  • Public Liability including cover for self employed instructors

  • Products Liability for sale of equipment such as mats or shoes

  • Employers Liability for staff and instructors

  • Business contents, stock and sound equipment

  • Computer, tablet and office cover

  • Business Interruption (loss of profit) cover

  • Money, Legal Expenses and Personal Accident options

Why Insync for Dance Schools

  • We compare dance school and studio prices and cover from our panel of leading insurers

  • Instant quotations - cover and policy documents in minutes

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from Medical Malpractice Insurance specialists

  • Expert advice from dance insurance specialists

  • Personal – Digital servicing AND your own dedicated insurance professional

Dance School Claims Example

During a salsa class part of the sprung floor collapsed causing the participant to fall, in the process of which he twisted his medial knee ligament.

The aggrieved party claimed damages and negligence of £5,000 from the schools public liability insurance policy.

How Much Does Dance Studio Insurance Cost?

Public Liability cover for freelance dance instructors can typically be arranged for less than £100 per annum (including insurance premium tax). 

Full studio packages including equipment and contents start from as little as £250 (plus insurance premium tax). As each policy is tailored to your specific requirements it will depend on the studio location, cost of equipment and the number of class attendees.

How Much Public Liability Cover Do I Need For My Dance School?

It is always best to purchase as much cover as you can afford. Whilst limits of indemnity start from £1m, we would normally recommend £2m as a starting point for a dance school. You should consider the number of attendees and their specific demographics when reviewing your individual limit. 

Where you rent or hire premises it is likely that the landlord or property owner will seek a specific public liability limit as part of the lease or hire agreement.

What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2021 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is 7th Floor, Corn Exchange, 55 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7NE and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business