Landlord House Insurance & Rental Property Insurance

House insurance for landlords coving you for landlord building insurance on a single or portfolio of properties, including fire, flood, legal liabilities, and loss of income.

Landlord House Insurance & Rental Property Insurance

House insurance for landlords coving you for landlord building insurance on a single or portfolio of properties, including fire, flood, legal liabilities, and loss of income.

Landlord House Insurance personalised for you

Insync has selected a panel of the UK's leading rental property insurers, our expert brokers are able to build a bespoke package that can be tailored to your individual requirements.

Alternatively, why not take advantage of a free independent review by speaking to one of our insurance experts who can help you find the right level of landlord house Insurance at the right price.

What Is Landlord House Insurance?

Landlord house insurance is a specialist property insurance policy for either a single let property or multiple properties, typically where the property is let under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) agreement.

As well as protection for the rebuilding of the property in the event of an unforeseen loss such as a fire or flood, our landlord insurance can be extended to cover the landlord's legal liability (property owners liability) and potential loss of income following a claim (loss of rent insurance).

Does Landlord Building Insurance Cover Public Liability?

The core protection of any buy to let insurance policy is cover for the building itself, providing indemnity to reinstate the property to its current condition in the event of a claim.

At Insync we provide a comprehensive landlord insurance package which includes Landlord Public Liability cover as standard. Our package is completely bespoke and allows you to add as little or as much cover as necessary for you and your properties.

We have created this package to cover most eventualities of what a landlord may encounter. Landlord Public Liability is just one of the things we cover as standard, it will protect you against injury and damage claims that might be brought by your tenant. Our Landlord Insurance will also cover you against accidental damage, legal expenses and tenant rent default.

Tailored cover extensions can then be added as part of the package to meet your specific requirements.

Rental Property
Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our Landlord insurance experts, at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on

01200 309 516

Landlord House Insurance

  • Specialist cover from a single property to large property portfolios

  • Commercial or residential buy-to-let properties

  • House-in-multiple occupation (HMO) properties

  • Cover available for all tenants including student, DSS and local authority lets

  • Non-standard construction and unoccupied properties

  • Landlords contents

  • Loss of rent / rental income protection

  • Legal liabilities as a landlord (Property Owners Liability)

  • Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee options


  • We compare prices and landlord insurance cover from panel of 5+ leading insurers

  • Instant quotations - cover and policy documents in minutes

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from Property Insurance specialists

  • 24 Hour Claims Helpline

  • Personal – Digital servicing AND your own dedicated insurance professional

Landlords Insurance Extended Cover

In addition to buildings, you may require cover for any landlords contents, either in communal areas or for part or fully-furnished properties.

How Much Does Landlord House Insurance Cost?

Every single Landlord house insurance quote is tailored to your specific requirements. Where the property is (post-code), rebuilding cost (sum insured), occupation of the tenant(s), claims history and experience as a landlord will all potentially impact the insurers individual rating.

As each insurer may have different rating factors it pays to compare several quotations or use a specialist broker such as Insync.

Landlords Claims Example

Following extreme cold weather the let property suffers a burst pipe whilst the tenant is away for the weekend. They return to the property to find it completely flooded with the upper floor ceiling having collapsed through into the kitchen and lounge below.

Making good and reinstating the building costs the insurers in excess of £30,000, in addition to which further payments were made to rehouse the tenant whilst the property was uninhabitable and for loss of rent during the same period.

How Much Should I Insure My Rental Property For?

A common mistake of many new property owners is to insure the property for the purchase price. In fact, the cost of landlord insurance needs to reflect the rebuilding cost of the property and this may bear little correlation to the price paid or current value.

In most cases the rebuilding cost will be less than the property value as you also own the land, however this is not always the case. Best advice is to seek a professional valuation from a Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) qualified expert.

What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2021 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is 7th Floor, Corn Exchange, 55 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7NE and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business