Restaurant Insurance & Cafe Insurance

Tailored Restaurant Insurance for cafés or coffee shops, to fine dining or multi-site chains. Award-winning Service. Including business interruption insurance

Restaurant Insurance & Cafe Insurance

Tailored Restaurant Insurance for cafés or coffee shops, to fine dining or multi-site chains. Award-winning Service. Including business interruption insurance.

Restaurant Insurance – What Is Covered?

Restaurant insurance policies provide a simple package covering all your insurance requirements:

  • Public liability risks for customer slips trips or falls
  • Products liability for illness claims from food sold
  • Employers liability covering your legal liability for staff
  • Buildings cover if you own the premises
  • Cover for your stock, business contents, fixtures & fittings
  • Money and signage or restaurant front/glass
  • Plus many other useful options tailored to your specific requirements.

Is Restaurant Insurance Compulsory?

The only areas of cover which are compulsory by law is motor insurance for any vehicles you own and employers liability which protects your legal liability against injury or illness to employees as a result of their employment with your restaurant – for example, a waitress trips over a loose floor tile carrying several plates and breaks her ankle. 

Whilst failure to purchase other covers might not break the law, without public liability and cover for your contents and fixtures and fittings you will be leaving your restaurant severely financially exposed.

Imagine a kitchen fire which completely gutted the restaurant – how would you find the refurbishment? Who would pay the rent in the interim? Restaurant cover provides genuine peace of mind for you and your business.

Compare Restaurant Insurance Quotes

Your business needs to cater for a variety of diners tastes, different insurers target specific areas of the market – some prefer high end dining, others like fast food establishments. The good news is that Insync has access to a complete range of leading insurers allowing us to compare restaurant insurance quotes from up to 10 insurers in minutes! 

Our expert advisors will help you to assess your risk and build a package that works for your restaurant and your budget.

Need specialist Restaurant Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our Restaurant insurance experts at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on

01200 309 516


  • Specialist cover from café or coffee shops, to fine dining or multi-site chains

  • Owner occupied or leasehold restaurant businesses

  • Cover for all types of restaurants - Italian, Indian, Chinese, traditional or modern

  • Cover available for non-standard construction (flat roof or listed buildings)

  • Buildings, fixtures & fittings, catering equipment

  • Contents and wet and dry stock-in-trade and refrigerated stock

  • Signage, glass and shop front cover

  • Money cover and theft by employees

  • Public liability as a restaurateur

  • Products liability for food being sold

  • Employers liability covering legal liability for kitchen and waiting staff

  • Business interruption (loss of profits)

  • Legal Expenses

Why Insync for Restaurants

  • We compare prices and cover from leading restaurant insurers

  • Instant quotations - cover and policy documents in minutes

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from restaurant insurance specialists

  • Personal – Digital servicing AND your own dedicated insurance professional

Restaurant Cover Claims Example

An Italian restaurant suffers a break in early one morning. Money is stolen from the safe containing last night’s takings of £4k, as well as steak and fish from the store in the kitchen and a number of expensive appliances -total claim cost c£8k.

How Much Does it Cost to Insure a Restaurant?

Restaurant insurance packages start from as little as £150 (plus insurance premium tax) per annum. However, the cost of your individual policy will be dependent on your individual requirements. Typically, insurer premiums will be influenced by:

• Location of the restaurant (postal code)
• Type of food sold and cooking methods used (e.g. use of frying ranges)
• Sums insured (contents, fixtures and fittings, stock etc.)
• Trading or industry experience and previous claims history
• Sections of cover requested

How Can I Save Money on Restaurant Cover?

The first step to buying insurance for your restaurant is understanding your requirements and correct sums insured. If you are not sure of correct reinstatement values for your building or catering machinery and equipment we would suggest you employ the services of a proper valuation surveyor – this will not only ensure sums insured are accurate, but could save money if you have previous over insured. 

Another route to cheaper cover is the removal of unwanted extensions or areas of cover that is no longer relevant.

Finally you should utilise the skills of a specialist insurance advisor such as Insync, who has access to specialist hospitality insurers who will often reduce their premium levels for well managed businesses.

What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2021 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is 7th Floor, Corn Exchange, 55 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7NE and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business